What is an associate’s degree?

The associate’s degree is a college degree that qualifies you for a position in several professional fields or to continue (transfer) to a four-year college or university.

What kind of associate degree programs do you offer?

Harcum offers accelerated associate degrees at partnership sites in Early Childhood Education, Law & Justice, and Human Services.

Can I earn my degree while working?

Yes, classes are scheduled from 5:30pm to 9:30 pm, Monday through Thursday evenings depending on the site location.  This accelerated program was created to meet the needs of the working adult; students attend classes twice a week.

What can I do with my degree earned at a partnership site?

A Human Services degree will prepare you for jobs in: Government and non-profit agencies, hospitals/medical practices, retirement communities, group homes

A Law and Justice degree will prepare you for jobs in: Prosecutor’s/public defender’s offices, Private criminal law offices, Government agencies/police forces, Human resources departments, Schools/colleges

An Early Childhood Education degree will prepare you for jobs in: Early learning centers, after-school programs, nursery and preschools, camps.

Can you help me continue to a four-year/Bachelor’s degree program after I graduate?

Yes, we have articulation agreements with local four-year colleges and universities.

How do I register for a Continuing Studies Course?

Registration for non-credit programs can be submitted online or printed from the website and either faxed to 610-526-6082 or mailed to the Office of Continuing Studies, Harcum College 750 Montgomery Avenue, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010.  Applications for accelerated degree programs must be completed in person at the preferred partnership site.

How do I cancel my registration and receive a refund?

Harcum College reserves the right to add or drop a course/program according to enrollment.

If you wish to withdraw from a non-credit course/program, cancellation must be received in writing five (5) business days before the class is scheduled to begin or a refund will not be granted.  Returned checks are subject to a $25 processing fee.

Students wishing to drop a credit course, must contact their program director and adhere to the academic drop/add policy.

Do I need a parking permit? How do I obtain one?

If you will be taking classes on Harcum’s Bryn Mawr campus, you are required to purchase a parking permit. Visit the Campus Safety section of the website for more information.

How do I find out if class is cancelled due to inclement weather?

Bryn Mawr Campus: Closings due to inclement weather are announced on: KYW-AM (1060), WTXF-TV (Fox 29), NBC10 (Channel 10). We are in MONTGOMERY COUNTY. The KYW code for evening classes is 2300; day classes is 300. For recorded messages pertaining to potential closings, you can call 610-525-4100.

Partnership Sites: The Office of Continuing Studies keeps in contact for closing information, but you may need to check with the site location for late decisions. Students are encouraged to register for Harcum’s text/email emergency and closing information system at: https://www.e2campus.net/my/harcum/