If you have invested time and money in previous coursework at other accredited colleges, you'll want to receive the credit you deserve. Every year, Harcum College admits a large number of transfer students. We are flexible in our transfer credit policy, but important standards do apply:
- All applicants seeking transfer credit are required to submit official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- In order to be accepted for transfer, a course must be directly relevant to the student’s program of study, and have been completed with a grade of “C” or better.
- Required math, science, and computer courses taken within the last 10 years may be accepted for transfer credit. All other courses do not have expiration for transfer.
- For most programs, a maximum of 30 credits may be transferred into Harcum College through official college transcripts, CLEP transcripts, AP transcripts, and ACE transcripts. Questions regarding these credits should be directed to Harcum College's Associate Registrar.
- Comparable core curriculum courses may be transferred into Harcum College and will help narrow down the range of core courses the student must take toward completion of the Associate’s degree. Program-specific courses will be evaluated and granted credit at the discretion of the Program Director.
- Questions about the application process and specific Harcum degree programs should be addressed to an enrollment counselor. Questions about Credit for Life and Career Experience should be addressed to the appropriate program director.
How it works:
- Students who have taken 15 or more credit hours at an accredited post-secondary institution with a grade point average of 2.5 or better are exempt from the core curriculum requirement of IDS 101 Harcum 101.
Simply submit official transcripts from all previous coursework as part of the admissions process. Once you are ready to matriculate into a Harcum College degree program, your transcripts will be evaluated for applicable transfer credit. You will receive a copy of the official transcript evaluation in the mail.
Call Harcum College's main telephone number at 610-525-4100 to obtain information on how to contact the program director or Associate Registrar.