- Born in the woods of Lower Merion Township, PA around 1900
- Parents: Ursula and Bjorn
- First appeared at Harcum collegiate sports in the 1930’s
- Sometimes mistaken for a teddy bear, panda, or grizzly
- During the 2012-13 season he appeared at 12 Harcum sporting events - averaging 19.15 high-fives per game. He hopes to boost his average to an even 20 high-fives during the 2013-14 season!
- Registered a career-high of 21 hugs at Homecoming 2013, beating his previous record of 16 at Homecoming 2009.
- The only mascot in the NJCAA who works for honey
- The only bear mascot who hibernates in the summer
- Scientific name: HARCUMUS ENTHUSIUS
- Favorite food is Honey Nut Cheerios, but admits a weakness for Pacilio’s Pizza
- Single, but is considering settling down with a nice sow and majoring in Animal Center Management
- Favorite musical group: ZZ Top
- Spends his free time watching “Grizzly Adams” on DVD
- Makes many community appearances each year – including dressing in a Santa costume and visiting with children at local daycare centers, distributing gifts to needy families at the holidays, passing out toothpaste and toothbrushes at Sealant Saturday
- Hatcher's favorite day of the week is Wednesday! He explores the campus and students who can figure out his location win prizes. See Facebook and Instagram for more "Where's Hatcher Wednesday" details.
Contact Jameel Tucker at email@example.com
or 610-526-6092 if you would like to invite Hatcher to your next event.