Restricted Parking Areas
- Melville: Parking behind Melville is for faculty and staff ONLY during business hours
(Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Klein: Parking behind Klein is for faculty and staff ONLY during business hours
(Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Faculty Parking Lot: is for faculty and staff ONLY at all times. (see campus map, area M)
- These regulations apply to all students, faculty, staff, administration, volunteers, outside contractors/vendors and visitors to the campus. All Pennsylvania laws and regulations pertaining to the use of motor vehicles apply to all drivers and vehicles that are on the campus of Harcum College.
- The Office of Campus Safety is responsible for the administration and enforcement of these regulations. It reserves the right to amend and/or modify the Rules and Regulations on Parking with or without advanced notice.
- Permission to park or operate a vehicle on campus is a privilege extended to the registrant by Harcum College. It is in no way to be considered a right of the registrant.
- The registration of a vehicle on campus does not guarantee a parking place but affords the registrant an opportunity to park in authorized parking areas when a parking space is available.
- Parking on campus throughout the year, including break periods, is by permit only. Parking regulations regarding handicap spaces, fire lanes/zones, and obstruction of other vehicles, traffic, or roadways will be enforced 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
- Loading and unloading in designated loading/unloading areas is permitted for no longer than 10 minutes with the vehicle’s emergency flashers on. There will be no exceptions to this.
- The College is not responsible for losses, due to theft or damage to vehicles while parked on College owned property.
- Conference parking, special events parking and all temporary parking requirements are to be scheduled in advance and approved through the Office of Campus Safety by the College sponsor or host.
- Infractions of these parking regulations by registered vehicles are the responsibility of the person who registered the vehicle on campus.
- Students are responsible for their guest’s vehicles while on campus.
- Harcum College employees and students are not permitted to perform any maintenance or repairs on privately owned vehicles while on campus.
- Disabled vehicles must be reported to the Office of Campus Safety by phone. (Notes left on vehicles are not considered sufficient notice.)
- Speed Limit - The roads on campus are private lanes maintained by the College for the convenience of its personnel, students, and their invited guests. These roads are used by pedestrians and vehicular traffic; all vehicles must be operated at or below the posted speed limit of 15-miles per hour.
- Vehicles in violation of these regulations may be subject to any and all of the following:
- Warning notification
- Fines (see table)
- Loss of parking privileges
- Vehicles can be registered online at harcum.edu/vehicleregistration Permit stickers must be picked up at the Campus Safety office in Klein Hall room 107 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m, Monday- Friday, holidays excluded. Without a valid permit sticker, your vehicle is not properly registered and is subject to fines. Emergency parking accommodations can be made upon a timely request.
- All parking permits are to be placed on the driver’s side rear window in the lower LEFT corner. No exceptions.
- Administration, faculty and staff should register their vehicle(s) on the first day of their employment. Vehicles must be re-registered yearly at the start of the Fall semester. There is no parking fee for faculty and staff.
- Students should register their vehicle(s) prior to the start of their first semester. Vehicles must be re-registered yearly at the start of their first semester.
Parking Fee Schedule:
$40- Per Semester
$25- Summer (Both sessions included)
$10- Each Additional Vehicle
Parking Violation Fines
- Parking in a lot without a properly displayed and valid parking permit: $25.00
- Parking in a handicapped space: $25.00
- Obstructing other vehicles or traffic: $25.00
- Parking in reserved space: $25.00
- Parking on roadways or on a roadway shoulder: $25.00
- Parking and or driving on the grass: $25.00 (plus cost of damages)
- Parking in a loading space: $25.00
- Parking in a prohibited area: $25.00
- Parking in violation of a posted or pavement painted sign: $25.00
- Occupying more than one space or failure to park within the fog lines and designated spaces: $25.00
- Placing a valid permit on an unregistered vehicle: $25.00
- Parking an unregistered vehicle or altering a permit: $25.00
|Contact Campus Safety 610-526-6099