The Work-Study program is federally funded on and off-campus employment for students. The Financial Aid Office awards Federal Work-Study to students based on a combination of need as demonstrated on the FAFSA and the availability of funds. Federal Work-Study is an earning potential, and should not be subtracted from any bill sent by the College.

In order to take advantage of this program, students must secure a job and earn the allocated funds.

All forms must be completed and returned to the department supervisor before students can be authorized by the Financial Aid Office to begin work.

  • Employee Data Card
Student must complete and return to department supervisor or Human Resources.
Section 1. Student must complete and sign. Section 2. Identification must be reviewed and verified by department supervisor. You can bring in a copy of one ID from list A or one ID from list B and list C. Section 3. This will be completed by your department supervisor.
Students only need to complete the bottom portion of page 1 of the W-4.
All Work Study students are encouraged to have their paychecks directly deposited into their checking or savings account.

Must be completed by student and returned to department supervisor.

Student must record all hours worked and return to department supervisor before the deadline.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How many hours will I work?

Workload will vary depending on your schedule, the employer's needs, and the amount of your Work-Study award. Work-Study students typically work 15 - 20 hours/week. However some work more and some work less. Most Work-Study employers will work around your schedule; employers will never ask you to work during classes.In order to be certain you earn your entire award, you should calculate how many hours per week you will need to average, based on your pay rate and Work-Study award level, in order to earn your entire award.


  • What happens when my Work-Study award is exhausted?

When you have earned your entire award your Work-Study position ends. Some employers opt to hire students as regular student employees once their Work-Study award is gone. This is at the discretion of the employer.


  • What if I do not earn my entire Work-Study award?

If you do not earn your entire Fall Semester award, the balance will be carried over and added to your Spring Semester award, assuming you are enrolled for both Fall and Spring.However, any unused award at the end of Spring (or at the end of Fall if you're not returning in the Spring) will be lost.


  • Who can I contact if I have Work-Study questions?

The Office of Financial Aid (Melville Hall, Second Floor) accepts walk-in's Monday-Friday 9:00 AM -5:00 PM. You may also call 610-526-6098 or  email