Giving FAQs

Why does my gift matter?
All of Harcum’s established giving initiatives, gifts, regardless of the amount, are pooled with the contributions of others.  The overall impact of these contributed funds helps provide financial aid for students, renovate historic facilities, and update equipment.  Donations and grants enhance the experience and impact of a Harcum education.

Moreover, participation is powerful.  For example, each alumna/alumnus who makes a donation adds to our participation rate. A higher participation rate helps us leverage support from foundations and other granting institutions.

Can I designate my gift for a specific program or purpose?
Yes, simply place your request in writing and submit it along with your gift.  If using our online form, you may include your designation for the gift in the form’s comment box.

How do I make a stock gift?

The easiest and safest way to make a gift of securities is through an electronic DTC transfer into Harcum’s account at MorganStanley/SmithBarney.  Click here for more information on gifts of stock.

Why is June considered the end of the year?
The Harcum Fund parallels the College's fiscal year, beginning on July 1 and ending on June 30 of the following year.

What are matching gifts?
Matching gifts are company-donated contributions that match the contributions made by employees, sometimes on a one-to-one, two-to-one, or even a three-to-one basis. This program enables some donors to increase the impact of their contributions to Harcum. If a company participates in this program, it means they are willing to donate a gift to Harcum that matches or increases the amount of an employee's personal contribution without any additional obligation from the individual donor.

How do I update my address information?
The College Advancement Office maintains the database for address information on alumni, donors, and friends of Harcum.  We follow the highest standards of confidentiality and security in protecting and updating this information. Update your information using our online 'Update My Information' form or contact us at 610-526-6060

You can update name changes, business information, phone numbers, email addresses, and other information in the same fashion.

Still have questions?
We’d be happy to talk with you. Please give our main office a call at 610-526-6060 or click here to see a staff directory.

College Advancement