Graduates of the Animal Center Management program will be prepared for management careers at facilities where animals are maintained. These facilities are, but not limited to, zoological parks, wildlife refuges, veterinary hospitals, kennels, humane societies, and research facilities.
Included in the curriculum are business courses, general education courses, and veterinary technology courses that complement the major. Service Learning will also be interwoven into the curriculum; which will benefit the community as well as the student.
Qualified students participate in an off-campus practicum during their senior year. Students must have current rabies and a negative TB result before attending a practicum.
Practicum sites can be at the Philadelphia Zoo, Brandywine Zoo, Banfield the Pet Hospital, or any other animal center, such as a veterinary hospital or animal laboratory.
- Completed Harcum College Application
- Official high school transcript or GED transcript. This requirement is waived for applicants who have completed a bachelor's degree, unless specifically requested.
- Official college transcript(s), if applicable
- Letter(s) of recommendation from an employer, teacher, guidance counselor, etc.
- Typed personal essay explaining why you chose your desired major.
- TOEFL scores are required for students for whom English is a second language