The Business Management program provides a strong foundation of the basic principles of general business, and prepares students to develop the skills needed for entry-level management positions or transfer to a four-year institution. The program includes computer systems, marketing, management, accounting, business law, finance, and economics.
Students who choose this degree program will learn specific technical skills and will experience the "real world" of business through internships that prepare them for successful professional careers.
- Completed Harcum College Application
- Official high school transcripts or GED transcripts. This requirement is waived for applicants who have completed a bachelor's degree, unless specifically requested.
- SAT or ACT scores, if taken (critical reading and math scores only).
- TOEFL scores for students for whom English is a second language
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- Personal essay explaining why you chose your desired major.
- Letter of recommendation from an employer, teacher, guidance counselor, etc.
Upon completion of the program, the graduate should be able to perform the following:
- Create financial statements evaluating the profitability, liquidity, and solvency of the business.
- Determine optimal operating structures and processes for managerial planning and decision-making.
- Compare and contrast introductory economic and financial concepts to understanding business and society.
- Apply critical thinking to business situations requiring a sound legal basis.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills (oral and written) and leadership skills by presenting case studies and projects individually and in teams.
- Employ effective utilization of computer technology/software into homework and projects.