Veterinary technicians are nurses for
the veterinary profession. The six-semester veterinary technician
program prepares students to enter a career as a veterinary technician in
private veterinary practice, zoo/wildlife medicine, biomedical research, pharmaceutical
sales, teaching, humane societies, raising livestock, or anywhere the health
and welfare of animals is a concern. Students get their hands-on experience at
the University of
Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine. Accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association,
Harcum College's veterinary technician program graduates are eligible to sit
for Pennsylvania's state certification exam and the American Association for Laboratory
Animal Science exam at the assistant technician level.
- Completed Harcum College Application
- Official copy of high school transcript or GED transcript. This requirement is waived for applicants who have completed a bachelor's degree, unless specifically requested.
- Official copies of all college transcripts, if applicable
- Completion of Algebra I and II, Biology, and Chemistry
with earned grades of C or higher. College courses may be substituted for any or all of these courses.
- Minimum combined SAT score of 900 (critical reading and math scores only) or a combined score of 10 on the ACT. A college cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher is acceptable in lieu of SAT scores.
- Letter of recommendation from employer, teacher, guidance counselor, etc.
- Typed personal essay explaining why you chose your desired major.
- TOEFL scores for students for whom English is a second
- Harcum Placement Tests: Candidates may be required to take the Harcum Placement Tests in English, math, and/or reading. The Admissions Office will notify the candidates that need to take the placement exam(s).
||July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013
||July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014
||July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
||3 Year Average Pass Rate
|Number of Eligible Candidates
||116 Total Eligible Candidates
|Number of First Time Test Takers
||125 Total First Time Test Takers
|VTNE Pass Rate Percentage