The social media marketing degree is designed to give students the entrepreneurial skills, as well as a strong background in social media applications, economics, consumer behavior, and marketing. It is our mission to help you gain the knowledge that is necessary to qualify for a variety of positions in business settings.
Earning your Associate of Social Media Marketing degree could increase your chances of edging out the competition in your private business, professional consulting, or as you apply for job opportunities in this industry.
Social media marketing career paths include marketing and marketing research analyst, product or brand management, sales, retail, and social media marketing. An alternate career path includes a graduate becoming an independent business consultant. In addition, the degree provides an excellent avenue to transfer credits to a four-year institution to earn a bachelor degree.
- High school transcript or GED transcript. This requirement is waived for applicants who have completed a bachelor's degree, unless specifically requested.
- College transcript, if applicable
- Typed personal essay explaining why you chose your desired major.
- Letter(s) of recommendation from an employer, teacher, guidance counselor, etc.
- SAT or ACT scores, if taken (critical reading and math scores only).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores for all students for whom English is a second language.
Upon completion of the program, the graduate should be able to perform the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary marketing, advertising, and consumer behavior theory by creating and developing strategic and tactical marketing plans.
- Analyze social media and marketing needs for an entity’s growth and recommend future marketing actions to meet management’s strategic plans.
- Apply critical thinking to social media effectiveness as they apply to business and develop a return-on-investment for strategies instituted.
- Demonstrate a management perspective on instituting web applications in a business.